Proven the best mechanical splice available for pipe and tubular railing field joints.
Splice-Locks are most effective as a joint stiffener when used within 12" of a welded post or handrail bracket.
Splice-Locks have a similar shear strength as standard pipe but are not to be used in post assemblies.
DOUBLE-LOCK SPLICE-LOCK™ ASSEMBLY
- Drill 13⁄32" diameter hole for 3⁄8" screws or 11⁄32" hole for 5⁄16" screws. This clear hole should be centered 3⁄8" from the end of each pipe or tube for 3-3⁄4" Splice-Locks™ or 1-7⁄32" to center for 6"and 8" Splice-Locks™, as shown.
- Insert Splice-Lock™ into this first section.
- Insert and partially tighten the set screw.
- Slide other section to be joined over the Splice-Lock™.
- Insert second set screw and tighten both screws fully.
The Splice-Lock™ contacts the inside of the tube or pipe in four areas along its length to ensure alignment and
Resultant action: Splice-Lock™ contacts inside of pipe or tube in four areas along the full length to ensure alignment and maximum strength.
Note: Both sections to be joined must have the same wall thickness.
DOUBLE SPLICE-LOCK™ FOR PIPE AND ROUND TUBING
DOUBLE SPLICE-LOCK™ FOR SQUARE TUBING